Monday, May 28, 2012

Loving Motherhood

Recently, Nathan and I attended a wedding without our children. The bride's dress was stunning, the weather (it was an outdoor wedding) was warm, there was a candy bar, and a talented band; a combination for a perfect night--right? However, as we were driving home I was concerned that I felt like being home with my children was more fun than dressing up and spending time with adults. I'm supposed to crave adult interaction right?

Upon arriving home, we discovered Austin still awake. While re-tucking him in bed, I shared our experiences at the wedding. When Austin heard that it was very warm at the outside portion of the wedding, he got a mischievous grin and asked, "did anyone pour water down their back?" "No, Austin, no one poured water down their back to cool off" I replied. He followed with, "Why not?" After a lengthy discussion about not pouring beverages on your body during formal events, we moved onto discussing the dinner and dancing. "What dance did they dance?" asked Austin, "Was it Zumba?" I laughed so hard. Can you imagine the bride and groom busting out Zumba moves to celebrate their marriage? 

I think I enjoy my children so much because they constantly break the convention. Why not poor water down your back to cool off at a wedding and bust some Zumba moves to celebrate your happiness? Little kids are so much fun! I feel privileged and blessed to be able to have 3 1/2 children and get to stay home to raise them. 

Here are some pregnant belly pictures. I have less than two months left! 




3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you sent the e-mail so I could catch up on your blog! Your family looks beautiful! Congrats on the new baby coming! I bet you can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful pregnant, wished i looked that good:-). We just love your family, can't wait to have you back in Idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about you - wondering how you are feeling with the move and baby on the way...I'll give a call soon. Hope everything is great! You look beautiful, as always! I'm jealous, that's definitely not what I look like in my third trimester! Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete